Saturday, February 11, 2012

...after all these years...........

Wow. Time goes by way too fast!! This past Tuesday we celebrated our 25th anniversary. I can't believe we can look back that far. We've had some good times. Aren't they all that? If they're good times, well, then they're good. If they're bad times, then you grow and learn and overcome... which makes them good, I guess. I am only saying this. Being grateful for hardships and troubles is not one of my finer strengths. Anyway, we went out to dinner. Which is a good time. It doesn't happen very often. And McDonald's or Wendy's doesn't count. (I also have a thing about restaraunts that have a big noisy bar with TV screens in every corner or wall or cubby. It turned out great because though this one had TV's everywhere, they were all obstructed by a partition or beam or something...) So it was nice. Rance was sweet and brought me roses and an industrial sized bag of peanut butter M&M's. There is no other way to say I love you than that. I mean it. Yes. They're almost gone.

It's supposed to be our "Silver" anniversary, whatever that means. I think it's silly. Paper, cardboard, plastic, golden, silver... whatever, it doesn't really matter to me. As Valenitine's day approaches, the commercials start to peak. I feel bad for the guys...It's all very nice, but not necessary.  If they DON'T buy the diamonds or whatever, they have no feelings? What message does that give? Let the guilt trips begin. There are no rings, bawbles, necklaces or bracelets that say anyone loves anyone else any more than they did before they got them. I believe in chocolate. THAT is true love. Oh, and this year?.....duct tape.

I will explain.....

Lately I've been trying to solve another glitch on one of our cars. The door handle on the truck looks like the hole threw up and forgot to finish. We plan on taking it in, but we have to wait til it fits into the budget, or til the list of broken things makes it worth it to get it all fixed in one repair appointment. So, I've been meaning to figure out some way to get it to stay in longer than right after the door slams. It's not pretty.  You can put it back in to open, but once the door is shut, it goes flapping out again. The mechanism is fine, it's just the whole thing keeps hanging once the door is shut. I wondered what it looks like to other drivers. It's an often sight seeing someone's gas flap open, but a door handle? Anyway...solution:  glue? Taking the inside of the door panel off and bolting it in again? no. So then it hit me!! I nice couple of thin, black shiny strips of duct tape. (eat your heart out Buzz Lightyear). I looked at Michael's but it was over $5 a roll and I had a JoAnne's coupon but I didn't want to waste it on tape. So, I decided, on my way home from work, I would run by Target and get a roll. Hey, yeah.. how thoughtful of me!!  Maybe I'll be a good little wifey and pick up a card and some Ghiradelli carmel filled milk chocolate squares for Rance too!! (I like chocolate, we know, but this is specific to him because I'm a dark chocolate carmel filled squares kinda girl). So there, I am a good wife. ha.

However, the look on the cashier's face said it all:  anniversary card, chocolate,.... duct tape... hmmm?... weird. Happy Anniversary, freaks.

Bring on the next 25 years!!! (I have enough tape!)

No comments:

Post a Comment