Wednesday, June 13, 2012

My 100 things

Today I told Tessa that I'll bet I could make a list of 100 things that need to be done in my life/today/around here and she immediately started it for me: 1. get some paper, 2. get a pen..... That's TWO off the list already!! Sort of.
So, here goes.
1.Shave Poody, the cat 2. Shave my legs 3. Get new pet trimmers... not for me, for the cat, although woolly mammoth does come to mind when I realize how long it's been since my scary legs have been smooth. The trimmers really are for the cat. She's a poof-ball in temperatures that climb to 114 some days. But that's Arizona for you. It's hot. We both need to be cooler. 4. Take a shower..... uh... CLEAN the shower: and this is a big one. We had ants coming in the drain yesterday. exciting. 5. Get bug spray. 5. Clean the toilet. All the way around! Yikes. Again, I say yikes! 6. Clean the other toilet, 7. Clean the OTHER, toilet, etc, etc.... 8. Convince Tessa to clean the other toilet. 9. Clear all the extra baskets of laundry that's not put away. I am the worst culprit. There's three in my room! 10. Empty dresser drawers to accomodate clothes from said overloaded laundry baskets. 11. Dust dresser. 12. De-crap dresser. 13. De-crap OTHER dresser. 14. Change month on calendars. 12. Change year on calendars! 13. Call people. 14. Kelsey: cuz it's been a couple of days. 15. VT's: Companion, 16 & 17. The two people we visit. 18. Actually GO visiting teaching. 19. Pay tithing. 20. Review lesson for Sunday. 21. Find fun activities for 10 & 11 y/o kids. 22. Check email. 23.Call mortgage company. 24. Call newspapers: we got jipped our Wednesday grocery store ads!! 25. Hey! I'm one-quarter there! 26. Mop floor. I got a new "magical mop" haven't tried it yet. Supposed to clean without any cleaners. Just water. We'll see. Gotta lotta floor to cover. 27. Sweep first. 28. Dishes. 29. Table. 30. Do newspapers... that means remove and collate the coupons in them. 31. Make grocery list. 32. Go through coupons in file and purge. 33. Pull coupons to go shopping. 34. Go shopping. 36. Beg Rance or Tessa to go with me shopping. 37. What a chore!! For both! The going and the begging!! 38. Fold newly washed towels that have been in the dryer for three days. It's sad when you're dryer becomes the laundry basket! It doesn't even make it to the basket, or the fold pile, or the linen closet!! Oh, yeah... Do those: 39, 40, 41. Then, 42. Clean out under washroom table. 43. Never mind. 44. Clean top of table first! 45. Put away crap on dryer: shelf brackets waiting to be hung over washroom table, old ice cream buckets, cleaning supplies, hangers, used dryer sheets, hand-washables-waiting-to-be-washed, and empty out dryer lint filter. That does it for 45, 46,47,48,49,50, 51.... Ooooh!! Half-way there. And I've not even set foot in the living room! 52. Set foot in living room. 53. Set FEET in living room! 54. Get dust rag. 55. Dust off shelves. 56. Wipe down tables and entertainment center. oh, wait, what's this? What not to wear!? 57. Take a break. 58. Take a NAP! 59. Forget that. 60. Finish list. 61. Rake living room. 62. Remove trash from all surfaces.. floor, fireplace, tables again.. That's 63, 64, 65. Now: 66. Vacuum living room. 67. Take fireplace accessories to the garage: Fireplace tools, starters, pinecones, bellows, logs, log holder, broom and pick.. I'm chipping away here!! 67,68,69,70,71,72,73. To continue: 74. Keep in touch. 75. Write to people. 76. Call more people. 77. Get out. 78. No, stay in! 79. Read a book. Rance and Tessa always have their noses in a book or other electronic reading device. They tell me that magazines don't count. grrrr. 80. Read a magazine anyway. 81.Think about dinner. 82. Notice the presence of guilt rising in my upper regions, head, neck shoulders. 82. Ignore them: the feelings not the pains. 83. Take some drugs. 84. Have a coke! 85. (This list is getting better! ) 86. Look at the wall. 87. Take deep breaths. 88. Close my eyes. 89. Breathe. 90. Open my eyes. 91. See the bug crawling up the wall. 92. Get the bug spray. 93. Find the bug spray! 94. Trip on the basket of towels.... didn't make it to the folding portion of the program.. 95. Find the bug spray on the dryer!! (Dang! missed that one!!). 96. Head to the living room to spray the bug, 97. Lost the bug. 98. Spray anyway. 99.Look at what I've accomplished today!! 100. One great big, long, list.

Start over tomorrow. New list. Same items!! Ha! I am so happy to say I accomplished ONE of them. I made my list!!!

Stay tuned for next week:  "What's in Your Purse?!"
And for the really dedicated: "What's Under Your Bed?!"

No comments:

Post a Comment