Saturday, February 4, 2012

What? Do yOu tHinK tHiS is mY FiRsT dAy?

In our house, that's called, "First Day Syndrome". It goes like this:

When someone has the ability, skill and experience to complete a task... it's because they have been at it a while. For many, many 'days'. Take, for example, driving. (He's gonna love this one, smug, MAN driver!!) When you sit (meaing, when I sit) in the passenger seat and try to "assist" the un-named driver, (meaning, my dear husband, Rance)... that person may inevitably, resoundingly and seemingly justifiably say, 'what do you think...?!! This is my first day or something?!!' YOU are not allowed to correct, direct or instruct. Later, this slogan evolved into, like I mentioned before, First Day Syndrome. Now it's kind of like a twilight zone, only more sarcastic. As we have advanced in years, we have an acronym for it... yes, look out ladies, I tried to warn him, but he says, "do you have FDS?"  (when I insult him by reminding him that we're in a school zone) and I say, "Whatever do you mean dear?! Feminine Deodorant Spray?!! What ARE you talking about?!" At first he laughed. Later on just a chuckle. And now a sneer and a short, "FDS, babe, FDS."
So, here I am, putting all back-seat driving aside, with no acronym, no skills, no experience, no spell-check....(is there one here?...) and YOU get to see it. Yes!! This IS my first day at blogging!!

No comments:

Post a Comment